Choose the correct meaning of the underlined words: (Q. 1-6)
- The new ad on TV was simply
- Too slow
- I’m not kidding!
- We are in deep financial crunch. We should cut off the white elephant.
Answer: costly but unless possession.
- Sometimes kids act up because they just want attention. Answer: to behave badly
- He is the one of the most emulated photo journalist. Answer: copied.
- The man in the black car is the icon of flamboyance. Answer: showy.
Find the incorrect part of the sentence: (Q. 7-12)
- 1) I am anxious 2) to read the book 3) that you spoke of 4) yesterday Answer: 2)
- 1) She suffered so much 2) that she decided 3) never to believe 4) none anymore Answer: 2)
- 1) the farmers tried 2) to rise 3) organic vegetables 4) but heavy rain Answer: 3)
- 1) Antique 2) no matter how ordinary 3) become more invaluable 4) with time Answer: 3)
- 1) We could not make any decision. 2) because a few 3) of the members 4) was voicing their disapproval Answer: 4)
- 1) I don’t mind 2) to help 3) with the cooking 4) but I am not going to wash the dishes. Answer: 2)
Choose the right preposition: (Q. 13-15)
- The people grew impatient —- the burden of heavy taxation. Answer: for
- We should not get upset —– things that are beyond our control. Answer: about
- Haque’s strange taste —- cloths makes him freaky. Answer: in
Choose the words that best completes the sentence: (Q. 16-24)
- When you are in Rajshahi take go stop —- the Varendra Museum. Answer: seeing.
- I regret — Sarzina about the wedding. Answer: to tell.
- If you —- a wallet in the street, what would you do with it? Answer: found.
- I like — carefully about things before —- a decision. Answer: to think, making.
- When I came to the — question, I was glad the admission test was almost —–. Answer: final, over
- Oasis is related to sand. Island is related to —–. Answer: Water.
- Positive is the antonym of Negative. Clean is the antonym of
- A Network is used to Connect. Statue is used to —. Answer: Memorize.
- The Senate is part Congress. A Lobby is part of a —. Answer: Hotel